Over here at Stam’s, we believe that the little things are what matter most; like the small efforts we take to make your simple syrup rise slightly above the rest. While simplicity is certainly key, it does not have to come at the expense of flavor. Below is our very own “Simple Syrup” recipe and we just wanted to share it with you. It is just a little tweak in your average simple syrup recipe, with a big impact!
Instead of water, we use our own coffee, which prevents the possibility of diluting your beautifully crafted glass of iced cold brew coffee, and we use Turbinado sugar to sweeten it – instead of that bleached stark white stuff – which adds a very light and almost smoky molasses flavor that pairs perfectly with your coffee!
- 1 ½ Cups of Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Cup of Stam’s Cold Brew
- Mix sugar and coffee together in a small saucepan and place over low/medium heat.
- Stir occasionally in order to prevent caramelization and burning of the sugar on the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to a boil until all sugar crystals are dissolved and mixture is translucent.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature (can now if you plan on it storing it in mason jars).
- Makes approximately 14 ounces of Stam’s Complexly Simple syrup.